Rockford volleyball player Halle Peterson puts ACL in past

Mlive.com reports:
It was a seemingly innocent play on a volleyball court, an attempt to set up a successful attack so the Rockford volleyball team could score a point in its Class A district final against Lowell.

Instead, it ended up a painful experience for the Rams’ Halle Peterson. What she thought was a simple bone bruise in her right knee turned out to be a costly torn anterior cruciate ligament.


source


"I think it was when I jumped up that it happened," Peterson said. "I just felt like someone hit me really hard above the knee. I thought it was a bruise and I’d be able to go back in and play."

Instead, despite a valiant effort, Peterson’s junior season ended after 1,303 assists and a verbal commitment to Michigan State University made three weeks before her injury. Peterson also missed her junior year in basketball.
Click to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment