An incredible story of overcoming injury

Check out this article about Kellie Welch, a sophomore at the University of Washington. She's come back from tearing her ACL three times to play Division I soccer!

source


From the article:

Many Division I college athletes face the devastating injury known as tearing their ACL. UW women's soccer player Kellie Welch has withstood tearing her ACL not once, not twice, but three different times within the span of a few short years. Now in her third year at UW, as a sophomore eligibility wise, she is ready to finally hit the field with her team this fall and show Husky nation her resilience and drive to come back from multiple similar injuries.

She, like many other student-athletes who start playing their sport at a young age, started playing soccer when she was around five. But, before she even started playing, she was constantly around soccer through her family.

"My brother, Matt, is two years older than me and he did soccer and I just wanted to do everything he did. He played soccer at the time and my dad was the coach, so I'd go out and watch his practices. If they needed someone, I'd go get balls for them."

The next year, she played recreational soccer, which she continued for two years before joining a club she was a part of up until her junior year. Due to several players graduating from the team, she joined another club team for just her senior year. Click here, to read the rest.

Stay in the game.


--


Injuring your ACL stinks, but you’re in good company. Everyday another 548 people suffer too. Are you injured? Have you been injured? I’d love to hear your story. Email me at Aspaeris@gmail.com and we’ll feature you on our blog!

1 comment:

  1. This was posted on my birthday and the day that I had an MRI on my knee!

    ReplyDelete