Finding the positive in an injury

The Washington Post reports:

If anyone ever found a positive from getting hurt, it’s Tennessee’s Vicki Baugh.

Baugh, a 6-foot-4 senior, tore the ACL in her left knee in February of 2009 and had surgery three weeks later. Less than a year later, she had another operation on the knee and sat out the entire 2009-10 season.

“After I injured myself the second time, I didn’t know if there was any more basketball for Vicki Baugh,” said Baugh, whose second-seeded team plays No. 11 seed Kansas in the Des Moines Regional on Saturday.

Enter Jenny Moshak, Tennessee’s veteran trainer.

“Jenny Moshak is the greatest in the country,” Baugh said. “She told me if you want to continue to play, you can. You can be better than what you were before and I didn’t believe it. But now I do.”

Click here to continue reading.

1 comment: