Summer Yack out for the remainder of the season

Deseret News reports:

One of the state's best players will miss the remainder of her senior season.

source


Bingham guard Summer Yack tore her ACL in the final two minutes of the Miners' loss to American Fork last Thursday.

"I don't even remember thinking," said Yack, who is committed to playing for SLCC next fall. "I knew it was bad. It was a bad feeling."

She was playing defense when she felt a pop in her knee.

"I just turned to pivot," she said. "No one was around me at all. … I don't think I've ever taken basketball for granted, but this is really hard to take. This past week has been tough."

Yack said she couldn't bear to call SLCC head coach Betsy Specketer after learning that she'd torn her ACL and was out for the season.

"My dad had to make that call," she said. The college has assured her that they're still willing to honor her scholarship, something for which she is very grateful.

Click here to continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment