Addison proves she is more than good enough

The NYPost reports:

Playing Division I soccer was always a goal for Taylor Addison, but not one she always thought she would reach. The Cardinal Spellman star suffered a torn ACL that cost her nearly her entire sophomore season and made her wonder if that would hold her back from playing at that level.

source

 “I had my doubts,” she said. “I didn’t think I was good enough because of it. Obviously I proved myself enough.”

Addison made history last week becoming the first girls soccer player in Pilots history to head to a Division I program, verbally committing to Delaware State. Addison chose the Great West Conference school over Division II Lincoln College.

“It is overwhelming, I’m not going to lie, but it also is an honor, Addison said. “I never thought that was going to happen for me.”

The sure-footed forward, who played her club ball with the Riverdale Panthers, checked out the school over the summer, went on an official visit Jan. 3 and felt right at home. Addison, an All-Bronx first team selection by The Post, called head coach Nitan Soni, his staff, the players and the people at the university inviting. She is looking to study psychology and got to speak with one of the professors in that field and left impressed.

Click here to continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment