Plainfield Central and Providence best players back after ACL injuries

The Herald-News reports:

With their best players back in the lineup after ACL injuries last season, Plainfield Central and Providence aren’t hurting for victories.

source

Providence forward Cassidy Glenn and Plainfield Central guard Brigid Hanley have led their teams’ resurgence this season, and Monday night they showcased their talents in a closely contested nonconference game at Central.

Glenn, a 5-foot-11 senior, scored a game-high 32 points to give her 1,013 points for her career and she grabbed 14 rebounds in the Celtics’ 60-55 victory.

“I didn’t know I was so close to 1,000,’’ Glenn said with a smile. “When my coach told me, I was really happy. The game had to continue, but I’m still really happy about it.’’

“She’s doing a great job for us and just getting stronger as the season goes on,’’ Providence coach Eileen Copenhaver said.

Glenn suffered an ACL injury in February and missed three games at the end of last season.

Click here to continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment