USC senior tears ACL in left knee

ESPN reports:

USC senior guard Jacki Gemelos, once the top high school recruit in the country and a current nominee for the Naismith Award as women's college basketball's best player, has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee.

It is the fourth time she has torn the ACL in her knees and the fifth time she will have an ACL reconstruction surgery.

Although she will miss the rest of USC's season, which effectively ends her college career, she vowed Tuesday that her career is not over.

"I'm not done. I can't walk away like this. I won't walk away like this," Gemelos told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "I feel like I have so much more to give. I'm only 23. I'm not ready to hang it up. I'm ready to get my surgery done and get my rehab going and then shock the world."

Click here to continue reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment