Athlete recovers from, unimaginably, four ACL injuries!

The Bellingham Herald reports:

To say Meridian senior girls' basketball player Ali Wasel was a bit eager leading up to the Trojans' season opener against Coupeville on Dec. 2 is a drastic understatement.

source

While most athletes are anxious to get back on the hardwood and hear the cheers of the crowd for the first time after a long offseason, Wasel hadn't been able to experience the joys of suiting up for the Trojans since her freshman season in 2009.

"The night before (the game) I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep," Wasel said in a phone interview. "My adrenaline was pumping, and I didn't know what was going on during my classes that day. My heart was really pumping when I got on the bus, and I got more nervous as we got ready to leave (for Coupeville)."

Click here to continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment