Struggling to stay positive after two ACL injuries

Devil's Advocate reports: 


Going through a season-ending injury at any point in an athlete’s life is something that is certainly tough to go through. Emily Rodes learned that the hard way as a freshman three years ago when she tore her left ACL.


source


Fast forward to 2011, and after an awkward play in a matchup against Tates Creek on Aug 20, she has to go through it again in an even tougher way as a senior, this time tearing her right ACL and meniscus. 

“When I was a freshman, it sucked,” Rodes said, “but not nearly as much as it does not because then, I didn’t understand what it was to play for your school and how amazing the whole experience is. When I was a freshman, I didn’t understand the school spirit or pride that came along with each game.” To read more, click here

1 comment:

  1. I just googled how "to stay positive with a torn ACL", and for a second I laughed at myself. I'm a senior and highschool, and today I got the news that I tore my right acl. When I was a sophomore in highschool I tore my left acl, mcl, and menicus. I've started for 3 varsity teams since freshman year, and I'm going to miss playing and the school spirit as well. I just wanted to say that this post as revitalized the importance of staying positive, and that I can and will get through this ordeal.

    ReplyDelete