Shannon Orton keeps on pitching

The Herald News reports:



Her anterior cruciate ligament was torn, but Shannon Orton wasn't.

Faced with the choice of having surgery immediately and missing her senior softball season or postponing the operation and spending most of her summer laid up in recovery, the decision was a no-brainer for the Case High School pitcher.

source


"I didn't want to miss my senior year of softball," said Orton, who tore the ACL in her right knee during a basketball game at Bishop Stang on Dec. 27. "After the MRI, I was told I could have surgery now and have a 4-6 month recovery period, which would put me in July, or I could get a brace and hold the knee together and postpone the surgery until after the softball season."

Orton's decision was easy. Her surgery is set for July 5.

"My doctor understood my situation," Orton said. "He told me I couldn't damage it any more."

"I haven't seen anyone as driven as Shannon," said Case coach Norm Beauchemin. "She has so much passion for the game. She did a lot of rehab with (Case trainer) Russ Boardman and he said she was determined to pitch. She has had a great year for us."

Click here to continue reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment